Random thoughts and musings, if I bother to put any in.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Hey, It Says "Empty" Right Up There At The Top..

Been too busy feeling rotten from a cold, and catching up on my reading to feel like doing any posting of late. But just so I don't forget my ID & password or something, I thought I should make at least a token appearance on here. There's plenty of political stuff out there I could cut and paste into here, but I don't have anything to add to the things I've read other people say. So I'm just going to ramble a bit.

My wife has been at home for the last several weeks on short-term disability while she recovers from surgery, but this is her last week and she is really not looking forward to going back to work. OTOH, she knows we need the money. I'm sure I'm going to find the house feeling a little emptier, having gotten used to coming home to her in the morning. Of course, since she likes to stay up until the wee hours of the morning and then sleep till noon, ofttimes I'd be on my way to bed about the time she was just starting to wake up. And lately I've been back to spending most of my free time in the morning trying to complete Morrowind. I keep getting about half-way through the main storyline and then going a month or two without playing. Then I end up starting a new character because I can't remember what the old one had done. Anyway, this means that in the mornings I'm generally off in my own little world (or, at least, Bethesda Softworks' own little world); so I don't really mind that she's asleep.

She has promised me that this morning she's going to be awake and waiting for me, so she can get me to do some chores and go out and complete some errands with her. Lucky me, hey?

The game playing might be a little hard to come by next week, though, as my son will be out of school for spring break -- which means I'll have to get home to the computer before he wakes up, otherwise the only way I'll get on there is by throwing him off of it. He's planning on spending at least part of his time at my parents' house so that he'll be near his cousins, though, so that will give me free time.

This past weekend I finally got off my butt and looked up an old friend of mine, and we had dinner with him and his wife and spent quite a while catching up. It was fun. Today I had Chinese food and the cookie I broke up yielded up the fortune, "Never forget a friend, especially if he owes you." Well, Rick doesn't owe me anything that I know of, but I still thought it was an interesting little bit of sychronisity.