Random thoughts and musings, if I bother to put any in.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

We're Number One! We're Number One!

I should be ashamed of myself for letting some out-of-stater post on this first when in happened in my own backyard, but once again I direct you to one of my favorite sites, Jesus' General and his article(s) on the recent revelations about Union County schools prediliction towards, as he puts it, "applying the holy rod of correction" to a disproportionate number of non-whites and challenged students.

You know, there are some things I'd just as soon my state (or some part of it) wasn't known for. I mean, it's bad enough we gave the world Jesse Helms. And, as I recall, his library is in Union county as well. Wonder if that says anything about the people of that part of the state...