Random thoughts and musings, if I bother to put any in.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

As The Twig Is Bent, So Grows The Tree Dept:

From the always entertaining Gen. J. C. Christian comes a link to a young man by the name of Rudy Takala, a 16-year-old boy who's well on his way to becoming a right-wing pundit. His latest piece is one accusing liberals of having no manhood because some of us find it difficult to ignore a Marine Corps general officer saying "It's fun to shoot some people."

Now, I'm a former Marine, and you know, oooo-rah to the general and all that, but damn, hoss, I thought they taught you boys better than to talk like that in public.

I'll be interested in hearing whether young Rudy plans to prove his manhood in the field in a couple of years, when he's eligible to enlist. I'm sure the Corps would love a gung-ho fellow like him, and I remember from my time associated with the recruiting service that we're always looking for those CAT-3A types who want to be a grunt.