Random thoughts and musings, if I bother to put any in.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Would a Really Sincere "I'm Sorry" Do?

Chimpy expresses his "regrets" -- sort of.

Speaking from the White House, the president said he had learned that his words sometimes have unintended consequences. " 'Bring 'em on' is a classic example," Bush said. "When I was really trying to rally the troops and make it clear to them that I fully understood what a great job they were doing . . . some interpreted it to be defiance in the face of danger. That certainly wasn't the case."
[...]
Bush said he had learned he must be mindful of the consequence of words. Addressing reporters, he instructed: "And so put that down as a - what would you call that? - a confession or a regret, something."


Gee, I guess that makes up for all those dead people now.