Random thoughts and musings, if I bother to put any in.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It's happening already...

I warned you that I'd probably end up ignoring this place before long. I see it's been over a week since my last post, even though I've had two four-day weekends at home that I could have at least said hello. Heck, I could have even taken the opportunity to learn some more HTML and added a few links to favorite places like Eschaton or This Modern World , or even pointed you guys to Bob Harris for your pudu fix; or GPF , one of my favorite webcomics.

Man, typing that link code is a pain. Of course, I didn't bother until after typing them all to notice that there's a little weblink icon up in the corner to create that stuff for you.

No, instead I spent my time playing "Morrowind", an computer RPG from about 2 years ago (I think), that I bought last Christmas and never finished. In fact, it crashed on me not long ago and I ended up wiping out all my saves and having to start all over again. Now I'm trying to re-organize myself again to keep track of all the various main quests, faction quests, and miscellaneous quests that the character can get involved with; not to mention trying to manage the character's level increases so that I can maximize the bonuses at level-up time.

Did I mention I'm a geek and a min-max RPG player? I used to play "real" RPGs, like GURPS and Champions and EarthDawn and Shadowrun -- now I don't have a group to play with anymore, although my son is expressing interest in gaming (because of his cousin, I think); so my wife and I are playing a few Shadowrun games with him every now and again. She's worried about him catching the bug and becoming a full-on gaming geek, though -- you know, one of those guys that spends all their time in dark rooms and never bathes? I think maybe we can keep him from that, though, he seems to be fairly level headed.

OK, well, I think that should make up for missing a week. ;)