Random thoughts and musings, if I bother to put any in.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yet Another Attempt to Make NC Look Like A Bunch of Idiots

Story here. I'd put the picture on here, at least, but I'm at work and can't run Hello to do so.

I love NC. I really do. I've been to several other places, albeit briefly in each case, and I still prefer living here. Granted, the reasons I love NC are disappearing, as the developers around here seem to be determined to pave over everything in sight in order to put up a new shopping box, but I still love it. The only other place I've been that I liked as much was the Northwestern coast, and that was just too damn cold for my taste.

But when I see things like this I just want to take some of the people that live here and shake some sense into them. It doesn't help that I'm pretty much of an atheist, or at least an agnostic, and know that the bible that this preacher reveres so much was not handed down by his god, but rather was assembled from a lot of sources -- and that many other sources from the same time period were ignored because they didn't fit with what the editors wanted to say. So saying that someone else's holy book should be flushed because it's not his holy book just makes me want to slap him. I might not believe in his holy book but that doesn't mean I'd suggest it was only fit to wipe my ass with, whatever my opinion of it was.